Saturday, December 31, 2011
Yes, I Love Resolutions
And you should too. It's probably a Type A personality thing, as Kristin pointed out, but I LOVE setting goals. Resolutions give me something to strive for throughout the year. I see them as more of a guideline for living than something daunting or anything daunting or annoying I have to do simply because I decided so on December 31st. Throughout the year I'm constantly setting little goals for myself, whether it's "be kinder to myself" or "stop shopping so damn much" I'm a big into self improvement. Of course, it doesn't always work out and sometimes I end up right back where I started. But that's not a reason to not even try. So I'm here to publicly declare more goals and hopefully hold myself accountable. Let's do this...
1. Continue growing my blog, feeling free to create new features, do away with old ones, and keep writing about things I love.
2. Spend more time trying to make friends in my area who are interested in the same things I am. More BFFs.
3. Grow our Etsy shop, spending more time and energy finding the best vintage out there and selling it to lots of lovely people.
4. Take more risks, all around. Stop being afraid of things- failure, other people's judgement, cute boys with tattoos. Start living life every day to the fullest, without fear.
5. Write. As much as possible. Yes, for the blog. But also for myself. Essays, stories, hell even poetry. Just get it all out.
6. Do my best to lead a healthy lifestyle, with a Vegan diet as much as possible, and focusing on health rather than weight.
7. Tell people I love them as much as possible.
Ah, I feel better now that I got all of that out. Now it's on the internet, so that means I have to do it. That's how the internet works, right? Okay, maybe not. But if you're reading this right now, you know my (usually secret) goals for 2012. Hold me to them.
What are your resolutions for 2012?