Look guys, being decent looking is really tough for some of us. It takes massive amounts of effort in the morning to look normal. Like, take the amount of time it takes you to put your makeup on in the morning and multiply it by 4. I'm talking Kardashian levels of makeup here. Does that sound gross? WELL IT IS! I can't help it. I've been wearing makeup since I was 5. Srsly. In our family photos from when I was 5-years-old I have red lipstick all around my mouth. It's disgusting. Ever since then I've been a makeup fanatic. It took me YEARS to perfect my routine but I've got it down to a science now. Coat after coat to reach the perfect point where "No one's skin is naturally this color" meets "It's like she paints it on with a roller in the morning." Ah, my happy place.
I'm semi-kidding, of course. I do wear a lot of makeup though- and I'm proud. Applying makeup well is a skill! My goal is always to look "dolled up natural" if that makes any sense. Like if you took a naturally pretty girl and added some makeup. (Those of us who wake up looking like this in the morning just have to put in a little extra effort.) I also love mixing expensive makeup with cheap ass drugstore brands. For some stuff, you really just don't need to shell out the big bucks to get a quality product. Here's my step-by-step routine:
1. Covergirl Smoothers Concealer- I start out by shellacking this shit under my eyes until it looks like I actually sleep. I go for about 7 shades lighter than my skin because my under eye circles are just that dark.
2. Clinique All About Eyes Concealer- Okay, I know this is supposed to actually go under eyes, but I use it as concealer. It works so well! I put it on any dark spots or blemishes. (NOT THAT I HAVE ANY!)
3. & 4. Cetaphil Lotion & Clinique Perfectly Real Makeup- So my foundation doesn't look caked on, I mix equal parts Cetaphil & foundation. I dab it on so it doesn't ruin the concealer. Smart, right?! Plus Cetaphil is really gentle and doesn't make me breakout. Holla!
5. Bare Escentuals Foundation- Okay so instead of using a normal powder that wears off halfway through the day, I layer on another coat of foundation in powder form. It seals in the other makeup and adds a great finish that won't wear off. Bare Escentuals is my favorite.
6. Clinique Bronzer- Year round tan? Yes please! I try not to layer it on too much so that my face isn't a totally different color than my neck. That's never a good look I just add a bit of color so I don't look like a vampire. I'm no Edward Cullen... I just don't have the bone structure to pull off the pale look.
7. Covergirl Cheekers Blush- I'm a big fan of blush. Always have been. Nothing is better than Covergirl blush for me! They have so many great shades. I go for Deep Plum for a great contrast against the bronzer.
8. Sephora Liquid Eyeliner- Okay, I have to admit that I just started using this. I LOVE it. It's the perfect liquid eyeliner. (If I'm not in the liquid mood, I go for Wet & Wild black eyeliner. 99 cents- YEP.)
9. Maybelline Great Lash Mascara- This green & pink tube is one of my longtime loves. It never fails me. I've tried other lash lengtheners and bullshit. This little tube adds the perfect amount of mascara without taking me into Tammy Faye territory.
Now you know my entire beauty routine! A lot of people tell me they can't imagine waking up early and putting on a full face of makeup every morning. But to me it's just so routine. It doesn't take that long and I honestly feel so much better and happier when I feel like I look pretty. That might be shallow but it's true! Looking good & feeling good go hand in hand for me. What about you guys- what are your beauty staples?