Okay, you know how normal people are obsessed with famous people and geek out over them? Well, I do that with celebs, sure. But I mainly do it with bloggers. (I'm a dork, I know.) I'm srsly such a fan girl for so many bloggers- they're just so damn cute & clever! I can't help but love them all. Well, imagine what my fan-girl ass did when I got tagged in 11 Things by three of my absolute favorite bloggers ever! It was some sort of gasp/squeal/happy dance combo type thing. I know to normal people this is not a big deal, but to a loser like me, this is a HUGE deal. I was lucky enough to be tagged by Heather, Maria, & Amy! Okay, I have enough perspective to realize this isn't true- but I feel like I'm the prom queen. I know it's not like they asked me to marry them or anything, but this is a happy day for me. These ladies are thee of my faves. Excuse me while I fan-girl out.
Anyway, for those of you wondering what the hell I'm going on about- here are the rules:
1. Post these rules
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random things
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them
5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them that you've tagged them.
1. I sincerely believe that I was a drag queen in a past life. I feel no need to explain this. It's just true.
2. On an average day, I drink 4-6 Diet Cokes, 2 coffees and maybe a Red Bull. I know it's unhealthy, but I'm a caffeine addict... At least it's not crack.
3. For a couple years when I was younger, I was a major tomboy. I wore my brother's hand-me-down clothes and pretty much looked like a boy. Baggy t-shirts & loose jeans. 3rd and 4th grade were not cute.
4. I played volleyball for most of my life, both for school & in travel leagues. I wouldn't say I was naturally gifted or anything, but I worked my ass off and had a lot of fun playing. I've been thinking of joining a rec league- finally put the pads back on. (Knee pads not period pads, guys.) We'll see.
5. I love my MacBook Pro & iPhone more than I love most people in my life. JK... kind of. But really, I'm pretty obsessed with my Mac products. They're like my babies.
6. My parents have the most random nicknames for me, that I just totally love. My Mom calles me Blinky, Pinky & Stinky. Yes, any of the three. My Dad calls me Chicarita & Chica. Turns out Chicarita is a Pokemon character, but he's been calling me that since I was a little one.
7. When I like a song, movie or tv show, I will play it on repeat for at least a week. For this reason, I know the words to a crap ton of songs, and can quote most of Mean Girls, Tommy Boy and Billy Madison. Okay, truthfully, I can recite most Chris Farley, Will Ferrell & Adam Sandler movies from start to finish. When I'm obsessed- I'm OBSESSED.
8. I could sit in a coffee shop/restaurant/bar & write for the rest of my life- it would make me happier than anything.
9. I don't know if this is accurately conveyed via the internetz (it probably is) but I'm loud. Like, LOUD loud. I have been ever since I was little. I used to scream and scream and scream for no reason at all- just because I thought it was funny. Yeah, not much has changed since then.
10. If I could go back in time, I would have majored in Spanish in college. Either that or Graphic Design. Maybe both. But since I don't own the DeLorean, I listen to Spanish Podcasts on iTunes & do Photoshop tutorials from some of my favorite blogs. It's a makeshift education.
11. I know this probably sounds really pompous, but I actually 100% believe that I have the best family in the world. My Mom, Dad, two brothers & I are all really different, but somehow it works. I think we should have our own reality show. It would involve way more farting than Keeping Up With The Kardashians.
The 11 Questions (I chose a few from each lady who tagged me. I figured you guys might get a little bored if you had to read my answer to 33 questions random. YOU'VE BEN SPARED!)
1. Where do you see yourself personally in 5 years?
Tough for me to answer, but I'd like to say living in LA with one of my BFFs and a pet French Bulldog. When I dream, I dream BIG, guys. Hopefully freelancing, working on the blog & the shop.
2. If you could go back to any age you were and live it again, how old would you be & why?
Honestly, probably 5 or 6. It was a simple time of bike riding, ice cream & Easy Bake Ovens. A time before boys were boys and life's possibilities were endless.
3. Have any guilty pleasures?
I think that my life is just a big guilty pleasure. Amirite guys?! Except I don't feel guilty about the tv shows I watch or the music I listen to... If I had to say something, it would probably be caffeine right before bed. I know it's unhealthy, but I do love me a Diet Coke at 10pm.
4. Who is your biggest support?
My family are all my biggest supporters in the world. No matter what, they've got my back. Sometimes support means accepting your shortcomings, but other times it means pushing you to be better. My family does both & always knows which I need when.
5. Did you have a favorite book growing up?
I was batshit crazy for The Baby-Sitters Club when I was younger. I read the books over and over again, AND watched the movie on repeat. High quality literature, dudes.
6. What is your fondest memory?
Do you know those perfect days- the ones that seem drenched in sunlight and laughter? I have quite a few of those that I love looking back on. A couple with boyfriends, a couple with my family, a ton with friends. Most of them involve summertime and ice cream. My favorite is a day I spent with one of my BFFs, Trish, at Coney Island. Truly a perfect day.
7. Who is your best friend and why?
Entirely too many to list. I'm not a person who believes you only have one best friend. My BFF list is long & extensive. From my Mommy & Daddy, to my college roommates, people I used to work with, friends from high school, & even lovely readers of this little blog. I love having best friends :)
8. Would you rather have a tattoo of Patrick Swayze as a centaur or Chris Farley as a Chippendale's dancer?
LOLOLOL BEST QUESTION EVER! Chris Farley as a Chippendale's dancer, FOR SURE. He's my comedy idol. I would get a portrait tattoo of him just to honor his hilarity.
9. What is playing on your iPod right this instant?
Currently jamming to the new Good Old War album, Come Back As Rain. SO good! Perfect for getting in the summery mood.
10. What is your dream place to live? If money and practicality weren't issues?
Srsly, I want to take everyone I love and put them on an island. Our own private place full of beach, sun, sand and margaritas. If that can't happen, then probably The Cayman Islands. I've been there twice with my BFFs, Liz & Juliette. It's the most beautiful place in the world.
11. If you could play any musical instrument, what would it be and why?
BLERG- too tough to pick! Part of me wants to say piano, but I took a couple years of lessons on that and I can only play a couple songs. Mainly- heart and soul. So I pick guitar. I totally want to be one of those badass chicks who can just shred on guitar.
1. What's the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
2. If you could tell your 14-year-old self one thing- what would it be?
3. Who's your biggest girl crush?
4. When is the last time you peed your pants?
5. Who's your biggest inspiration?
6. Would you rather be a mermaid or have a pet unicorn?
7. What's your favorite breakfast cereal?
8. Who's your favorite Spice Girl? (No, you can't say honorary Spice Girl David Beckham.)
9. Who's the last person you said "I love you" to?
10. What's your "happy place"?
11. If you had to jump off a cliff without a parachute, would you rather kick back and enjoy the ride, never knowing when you're going to hit the ground or jump face first, seeing it coming and knowing when exactly when your last moment would be?
I tag Catherine//Mackensie//Kaleigh//Madeline Grace//Bobbi//Sammy//Liz//Everyone!!