Hello friends! It feels like I've been spending so much time away from my blog lately and it makes me sad. Busy busy busy. But this week I should have some very exciting news that will likely explain my absence. Until then: let's get down with some Mixtape Monday action!
This week, one of my favorite groups/bands/whatever in the world, Tegan & Sara, are releasing their new album Heartthrob and I couldn't be more excited. I love the two of them on such a ridiculous level, I can't even explain it. I've seen them live too many times to count (like 7? 12? I don't even know) and I've been anxiously awaiting new music ever since Sainthood came out in 2009. The entire album is streaming over at Rolling Stone, so be sure you check it out! It's pretty much the best thing ever. I'm already obsessed. This reignition of my Tegan & Sara obsession got me thinking about other female singers that I love. Thus, I present to you, a collection of some of my favorite women singers...
1. Tegan and Sara / Closer
2. Rilo Kiley / Breakin' Up
3. The Joy Formidable / A Heavy Abacus
4. Lykke Li / Love Out of Lust
5. Birdy / The District Sleeps Alone Tonight
6. Lissie / Nothing Else Matters
7. Lana Del Rey / Blue Jeans
8. Mazzy Star / Fade Into You
9. Cat Power / Sea of Love
10. Emily Haines & The Soft Skeleton / Our Hell
11. First Aid Kit / Emmylou
12. Best Coast / The Only Place
13. Camera Obscura / French Navy